BIM – Building Information Modeling
The first step to implement BIM methodology is the BIM Authoring phase, which consists in the creation of a digital model of the building with specific software.
BIM process allows to develop information models that make information exchange easier during the whole design phase providing constantly updated geometric, quantitative and qualitative project information and are an important tool to create project documents as 2D drawings, tables, technical
data sheets and material lists.
Thanks to BIM methodology, it is possible to send open format models (.IFC) with more relevant information.
BIM methodology allows the generation of data and information along the whole lifecycle of the facility, starting from the early project stage till the facility management and maintenance period, with proven benefits for all the subjects involved, first of all contracting authorities and Clients.
- BIM advantages include:
- Efficiency during integrated design phases
- Reduction in costs, time and need of design variations
- Reduction in the difference between contract and final price
- Improved profitability and service to the Client
- Increase in the quality of the design
- Acquisition of more accurate and reliable economic offers
- Greater accuracy in decision-making process
Tekser can provide the Client all the consultancy services needed to better seize benefits concerning MEP systems to support the whole integrated design and construction phases.